Woman who have large breasts can experience severe problems due to the weight of the breasts. Many woman will experience severe back, shoulder and neck pain, dermatitis and dysmorphia. Woman who experience this pain often opt to have a breast reduction as this provides the body with much needed pain relief. A breast reduction also helps in contouring of the body, creating balance in the overall physique.
- The appropriate amount of skin, fat and gland is removed in order to achieve the desired size and shape.
- An anchor-like or inverted- T incision is performed.
- The nipple does not lose sensitivity nor does the gland lose function.
- Breast feeding ability is not affected.
- The operation is performed under general anaesthesia
- 1 week before driving
- 3- 4 days recovery
- 4-6 weeks before exercise