Male Breast Reduction (Gynaecomastia)
Male Breast reduction is performed in order to reduce an enlarged female-like breast in men. This procedure is done using liposuction and or cutting out excess glandular tissue. This is sometimes covered by medical insurance depending on the severity of the case.
- Procedure lasts 1 hour
- Performed under local (with sedation) or general anaesthesia.
- Patients usually go home the same day
- Temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, soreness and burning sensation
- Swelling and bruising: 3 – 6 months
- Back to work: 3 – 7 days
- More strenuous activity: 2 – 3 weeks
- Duration of results is permanent